Hi all,

Basic Authentication to invoke APIs is a new feature introduced in APIM
3.0. We currently set the key type in the authentication as type
"PRODUCTION" irrespective of the endpoints available [1]. This leads to an
issue in invoking APIs when only a Sandbox endpoint is specified. Even when
there is both Production and Sandbox endpoints are available, the request
is directed to the Production endpoint.

What we need to address here is to find a way to specify the endpoint to be
redirected in the gateway when populating the Authentication Context.

Please refer to this Git issue for more information [2].

Please share your thoughts on this.

[1] -
https://github.com/wso2/carbon-apimgt/blob/master/components/apimgt/org.wso2.carbon.apimgt.gateway/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/apimgt/gateway/handlers/security/basicauth/BasicAuthAuthenticator.java#L202
[2] - https://github.com/wso2/product-apim/issues/6804

Best Regards.

--
Chamod Samarajeewa | Software Engineer | WSO2 Inc.
(m) +94710397382 | Email: cha...@wso2.com <dimi...@wso2.com>