I would really appreciate a concrete use case on this. I'm struggling to
figure out a scenario where someone would monetize the number of frames of
an application. WebSockets are usually used for server side push events.

We have a number of high priority items to deliver which are critical to
the market we want to win. Unless there is a clear demand and clear
use-case for this, it's hard to justify deprioritization of such a feature
for WS monetization over frames. So it would be really helpful if you can
describe the business need for this or even show an existing example of
such.