On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 11:53 AM, Brett Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 17/03/2008, at 2:05 PM, Wendy Smoak wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 7:13 PM, Maria Odea Ching
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> Hmm, the jetty bundle should be working.. it already worked for me
> >> before. I
> >> tried it again today and was able to start it. I'm running on Linux
> >> btw.
> >>
> >> Wendy, did you get the 'Starting Archiva Web ::  Jetty...' message
> >> when you
> >> did './archiva start'?
> >
> > Yes, but that's the only thing that happened  (it printed the message,
> > but didn't actually start.)  I've been having other problems though,
> > it's probably related to that.  At least jetty:run is now working in
> > Continuum.  I'll come back around to Archiva at some point and
> > re-check.
>

> For me, the plexus runtime works. There seems to be a bug triggered in
> the Jetty runtime which is two-fold. plexus-webdav is still dragged in
> (my fault, I'll look it up).
>
> But I also noticed a bug in the assembly descriptor too - did anyone
> noticed archiva jetty bakes a 53Mb ZIP file? :) It seems everything is
> included in repo/*, when really we just want the Jetty JARs.

Yeah, that's my fault Brett.. All the dependencies including the transitive
deps are being copied in the repo dir, I should exclude them in the assembly
descriptor file. I'll correct this now. Also, some of the dependencies in
there that are not jetty jars are needed for jetty jsp 2.0 support, so these
need to be in the repo dir.

Thanks,
Deng