Infopackets Email Newsletter: Thursday, Dec 24, 2015

Welcome to the next edition of the Infopackets Newsletter, featuring MS
Windows, mobile and technology news.

> Get 5 New Windows 10 eBooks - FREE!

--> *** NEW *** How to Control Windows 10: The Settings Guide

http://www.infopackets.com/lists/lt.php?id=Z0xSCVdKAwMMHVcIV1BVDQ

--> A Guide to the Windows 10 Start Menu

http://www.infopackets.com/lists/lt.php?id=Z0xSAFpKAwMMHVcIV1BVDQ

--> 10 Compelling Reasons to Upgrade to Windows 10

http://www.infopackets.com/lists/lt.php?id=Z0xSA1NKAwMMHVcIV1BVDQ

--> Windows 10 Hands-On: A Good Start

http://www.infopackets.com/lists/lt.php?id=Z0xXAVpKAwMMHVcIV1BVDQ

--> Office 365: An Introductory Guide

http://www.infopackets.com/lists/lt.php?id=Z0xSAFtKAwMMHVcIV1BVDQ

Note: these guides are free, but registration is required; after that,
you can download more eBooks, videos and guides using the link below
without registering again.

Important: if you have problems or questions regarding the registration
form, please read this:

http://www.infopackets.com/lists/lt.php?id=Z0xVCR8DBAhJUFYMVVBX

> Don't fall victim to Malware that can destroy all your data!

FACT: CryptoLocker is malware that encrypts all files on a computer,
locking the user out of their data. The only way to decrypt the files is
to pay cyber thieves a hefty ransom.

FACT: Rombertik is a new strain of malware that destroys all user data
on the hard drive upon detection of antimalware and antivirus software.

FACT: The ONLY sure-fire and safe way to undo the damage by CryptoLocker
and Rombertik is to backup your data AND operating system regularly
using disk image backups.

FACT: Most backup software CANNOT do disk image backups - but Acronis
True Image can. It can easily backup all your user data and operating
system; if Windows becomes inoperable, you can boot from a rescue CD to
restore your data.

So, why take the risk of losing all your data? Download Acronis True Image
and start protecting your PC, right now!

Acronis comes with a 30 day guarantee and comes highly recommended by
Infopackets. If you need help setting it up, simply contact Dennis and
he'll be glad to help!

Download True Image now:

Single License @ $49:

http://www.infopackets.com/lists/lt.php?id=Z0xQCFJKAwMMHVcIV1BVDQ

Three PC License @ $79 (best deal):

http://www.infopackets.com/lists/lt.php?id=Z0xRAVtKAwMMHVcIV1BVDQ

-> In This Issue: At a Glance

->>> Today's Headlines

  --> MS Confirms: Latest Win10 Update Wipes out MS Word

  --> On this Day in History: for Thursday, Dec 24, 2015

->>> PLUS ... Our Top Stories From The Past 4 Days

  --> Google Testing New Password-Free Login System

  --> More Americans Now Using Smartphones vs Broadband

  --> How to Fix: Your Firewall has Been Breached, Call This Number (Scam)

  --> How to: Reset Windows 10 Password

->>> At The Very Bottom

  --> Link to: Archive Pages

  --> Link to: Remove / Unsubscribe / Change Newsletter Frequency

-> Please Donate Today

Infopackets consists of a small group of writers dedicated to publishing
technology news and information 5 times a week, each and every week
throughout the year. While the information we produce is available to you
without charge, the costs of maintaining our site are quite high.

If you enjoy Infopackets and would like to continue reading our content,
we urge you to please donate generously today, so that we can continue to
publish.

To find out more, click here:

http://www.infopackets.com/lists/lt.php?id=Z0xVAlFKAwMMHVcIV1BVDQ

-> Free eBook: Old Computer, New Life: Restoring Old Hardware With Ubuntu

Marketing departments want us to believe that PCs, laptops and netbooks
become obsolete after a couple of years, but it's not true. The computer
industry has evolved over the years more rapidly than any industry in
contemporary history. Year after year engineers have worked valiantly to
bring us, the end users, faster and more capable hardware without
sacrificing reliability. Programmers and application developers have been
equally quick to develop new software that puts to use the new hardware
specifications. However, while striving to sell more and more products,
marketing departments want us to believe that PCs, laptops and netbooks
become obsolete after a couple of years, and not replacing them makes us
luddites. It's not true. Except for high-end gaming, a mid-level system
bought in 2006 will provide enough functionality to get work done and have
fun in 2011. Word processing, Internet surfing, watching movies shouldn't
make your old system think twice, granted it is configured correctly, up-
to-date and has an operating system that's efficient and performance
oriented.

Click below to download this eBook now:

http://www.infopackets.com/lists/lt.php?id=Z0xRBFRKAwMMHVcIV1BVDQ

Note: this eBook is free, but registration is required; after that, you can
download more eBooks, videos and guides using the link below without
registering again.

Important: if you have problems or questions regarding the registration
form, please read this:

http://www.infopackets.com/lists/lt.php?id=Z0xVCR8DBAhJUFYMVVBX

-> Free eBook: 7 Different Uses Of Integrating Google Drive With Gmail

When the number of tools you use is actually making life more complicated,
it is time to integrate. Let's start with Google Drive and Gmail.
Thankfully, there are a number of ways that you can integrate Gmail and
Google Drive so that in a way, they act as one single tool that you won't
be able to live without. It's easy to do! Follow these steps and you'll be
integrated in no time.

Click below to download this eBook now:

http://www.infopackets.com/lists/lt.php?id=Z0xRB1NKAwMMHVcIV1BVDQ

Note: this eBook is free, but registration is required; after that, you can
download more eBooks, videos and guides using the link below without
registering again.

Important: if you have problems or questions regarding the registration
form, please read this:

http://www.infopackets.com/lists/lt.php?id=Z0xVCR8DBAhJUFYMVVBX

-> Latest Stories Available on Main Page

Our main page is updated daily with the latest stories available. To access
those stories, click the main page link below. Otherwise, use the headlines
and links further down this page.

http://www.infopackets.com/lists/lt.php?id=Z0xVBh8DBAhJUFYMVVBX

-> Today's Headlines (With Synopsis) + Link to Full Story

->>> MS Confirms: Latest Win10 Update Wipes out MS Word

    Microsoft has confirmed the latest Windows 10 update has messed up
    Word 2016 for some users. Fixing the mistake is possible but somewhat
    complicated. The problem comes with the latest cumulative update to the
    system, known as Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB3124200, released
    December 17, 2015. The component update that's causing the problem
    accidentally renames a file during the update, which then causes
    macros, autotext entries, and styles to no longer load. Autocomplete
    Among The Messed-Up Features The file in question (normal.dotm) stores
    all the template information for Microsoft Word 2016 ...

http://www.infopackets.com/lists/lt.php?id=Z0xTBVdKAwMMHVcIV1BVDQ

    ... Plus Our Top Stories From The Past 4 Days:

->>> Google Testing New Password-Free Login System (published 20151223)

    Google is testing a login method that doesn't require a password. The
    problem is that the method doesn't necessarily add any convenience and
    isn't as secure as it could be. Reports of the new method ...

http://www.infopackets.com/lists/lt.php?id=Z0xTBVBKAwMMHVcIV1BVDQ

->>> More Americans Now Using Smartphones vs Broadband (published 20151222)

    The proportion of Americans with a broadband connection (such as cable
    or DSL) at home has dropped for the first time. The surprise trend
    appears to be down to cost and people using smartphones as ...

http://www.infopackets.com/lists/lt.php?id=Z0xTBVFKAwMMHVcIV1BVDQ

->>> How to Fix: Your Firewall has Been Breached, Call This Number (Scam)
(published
20151221)

    Infopackets Reader Robert C. writes: " Dear Dennis, The other day I
    received a warning that 'Your Avast! Firewall has been breached and a
    Trojan Horse is infecting your computer. Call ...

http://www.infopackets.com/lists/lt.php?id=Z0xTBVJKAwMMHVcIV1BVDQ

->>> How to: Reset Windows 10 Password (published 20151218)

    Infopackets Reader Gale S. writes: " Dear Dennis, I just purchased a
    brand new Windows 10 laptop, and created a new Microsoft Account when I
    first logged in. The problem is however, I forgot my ...

http://www.infopackets.com/lists/lt.php?id=Z0xTBVNKAwMMHVcIV1BVDQ

-> On This Day in History: Thursday, Dec 24, 2015

On this Day in History -- December 24

Famous people born on this day:

 -->  1809, Kit Carson, Western scout.

 -->  1905, Howard Hughes, reclusive billionaire.

 -->  1922, Eva Gardner, actress.

 -->  1959, Madonna, singer.

 -->  1971, Ricky Martin, singer.

Events on this day in history:

 -->  1814, Treaty of Ghent signed, ending War of 1812 (this news did not
arrive until after the Battle of New Orleans.)

 -->  1906, First known radio program in the United States is broadcast.

And don't forget...

 -->  Christmas Eve.  No fair peeking 'till morning.