Hello all,

Locally at Harvard, there's a desire to have a revision statement be added to
records when imported into ArchivesSpace from EAD.  Our rationale is that
import into ArchivesSpace from other systems/formats is a significant event in
the lifetime of the record, and that it's appropriate to track it in record
content as well as in the creation time of the db record.

If there's general approval of the idea, I can package up our code so it can be
added to ArchivesSpace proper, and make it available as a plugin.

Currently, we plan to add a revision statement reading "Imported into
ArchivesSpace" or "Imported into ArchivesSpace via conversion from
${converter_type}."

The Github issue discussing this is here:
https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/issues/527

- Dave Mayo
  Digital Library Software Engineer
  Harvard University > HUIT > Library Technology Services