Hi Michael,

Would you explain what is problematic about this for you? Is the concern with
how they're sorting?

If so, the identifier fields in the Accession and Resource modules of
ArchivesSpace each consist of 4 component blocks to facilitate setting default
values for a portion of the identifier as well as for sorting by identifier
overall - you can use just one of these blocks or more than one. These fields
store alphanumeric values so you need to use leading zeros before numbers if
you want the values to sort in strict numerical order. If your highest number
is a four-digit number, all you numbers should employ leading zeros as
necessary to make them four-digit numbers. So, for your example:

A&M.0002
A&M.0003
A&M.2100

would provide the sort of the number portion in the order you're likely
wanting. (If it were me, I were probably put A&M in the first identifier block
and the number portion in the second block, but that's not strictly necessary.)
Depending on the volume of records involved, this kind of data cleanup might be
done outside ArchivesSpace pre-EAD import or within ArchiveSpace post-import.

If it's a different issue that you're pointing out, please let us know.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
Community Outreach Manager
christine.dibe...@lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibe...@lyrasis.org>