We have to do significant preprocessing of our EAD to get them to import into
ArchivesSpace, so I append a revisiondesc/change item in my pre-import
stylesheet. But I wouldn’t object to additional tagging, as my change item is
dated from when the stylesheet is run and not the AS import. It would be useful
if it added the ArchivesSpace version and importer. So far, we’re usually using
import plugins for EAD — in 1.4.2 a modified version of Yale plugin to get
barcodes imported, in 1.5.1 test, a different plugin to import dao|daoloc/@role
—> digital-object.use_statement and fix some other problems. So it would be
handy to track those details as well (and that is not info available to the
pre-processor stylesheet, so that would be value added for me).

ArchivesSpace export adds a <creation> element with date: I guess it makes
sense to tag it there rather than revision stmt, since from ASpace POV, it is a
new EAD creation & serialization, even if we are using it as a replacement for
an existing EAD. ( i.e. from MY POV, its a revision. ) ASpace version and
serializer info would be useful here as well.

— Steve Majewski