Hi Kari,

On the second part of your question, permissions in ArchivesSpace are assigned
to groups of users via the Manage User Access or Manage Groups areas; there are
links to these under the gear menu, though they're only listed for users that
have permission to perform those functions. (You may need to check with your
system administrator to determine what permissions you have, if you're not
sure.) ArchivesSpace has 7 different built-in permission levels (6 groups plus
system administrator access), but you can create additional groups or change
the permissions in the built-in groups. With the exception of system
administrator privileges, which apply to an entire installation, permissions
are specific to a particular repository, so an individual user can have
different levels of permissions for the different repositories in your
installation if you wish.

There's information about this in the user manual at
https://docs.archivesspace.org/Default.htm#UserPermGroupsManage.htm and we also
have some videos in the members area related to this (look for videos related
to users or permission groups). If you need any other pointers or have other
questions, just let us know.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
Community Outreach Manager