PS. On a related note, I would *love* to see permissions for CRUD operations on
locations broken out as well. So that I can delegate to trusted users;-)

Joshua

On 9/21/16, 3:44 PM, "archivesspace_users_group-boun...@lyralists.lyrasis.org
on behalf of Joshua D. Shaw"
<archivesspace_users_group-boun...@lyralists.lyrasis.org on behalf of
joshua.d.s...@dartmouth.edu> wrote:

    Hi Lydia-

    You can manage the permissions associated with the top containers by going
to the “Manage Groups” menu option under the repository gear icon (I hope that
makes sense!) I think you may have to be an administrator to grant these
permissions.

    Once there, you can either edit an already existing group and allow that
group to have create/update rights for top containers or create a new custom
group and assign users to that.

    Hope that helps!
    Joshua

    On 9/21/16, 3:37 PM,
"archivesspace_users_group-boun...@lyralists.lyrasis.org on behalf of Tang,
Lydia" <archivesspace_users_group-boun...@lyralists.lyrasis.org on behalf of
lta...@mail.lib.msu.edu> wrote:

        Hello,
        I have been trying to search the documentation on Top Containers but
perhaps I am overlooking something - since migrating to version 1.5.1, it seems
to me that anyone with less than archivist or even repository manager positions
are not able to create Top Containers which can be problematic when just trying
to enter a basic finding aid.  Additionally, it hasn’t been very clear to me
where I (as a respository manager) can bulk create containers for the people I
am working with.
        In the “Manage Top Container” section, I am able to look up and bulk
edit (yay!) existing top containers but not create any new ones from this view.
        Additionally, any new Top Containers show up as labeled “Container”
despite being able to distinguish them as “boxes” or other formats in the drop
down menu.
        I have been able to more easily add boxes for finding aids by using the
Rapid Data Entry, but unfortunately it seems like the basic workflow for us in
generating finding aids has gotten a lot more complicated with this new update.
        Any thoughts or workarounds would be greatly appreciated!
        Lydia