Hi Sue,

As many people know, the current reports module has been problematic in
ArchivesSpace. The Reports subteam of the User Advisory Council is writing a
specification for a new reports module, which will be sent to the ArchivesSpace
community soon. More information about their work is available at
https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/display/AC/2015-16+Reports.

Reports that were known to not be working prior to the release of 1.5.0/1.5.1
were removed. I believe that there are some additional reports that have proven
to be problematic. The members of the Reports subteam are likely the most
versed in the current status of specific reports as well as reports overall, so
it would be great if someone from that group would give an update.

And since others are likely having the same issue, I'll just mention a couple
workarounds I've been pointing people to lately related to getting reporting
data: the v1.5 versions provide a way for getting data out in CSV format. You
can access this option from the Browse or search results page for any of the
primary record types (Accessions, Resources, Digital Objects, Agents, etc.).
This will export every field from every record in the result set, but the data
can be refined outside ArchivesSpace.

Another option that some people are using with success is setting up an ODBC
connection or otherwise hooking ArchivesSpace up to output data to an external
program. Laurel McPhee of UCSD presented a lightning talk at the Member Forum
about this, and Nancy Enneking of the Getty presented a similar talk titled DIY
Reports in ArchivesSpace at a session called Making ArchivesSpace Work for You
at SAA last month. Nancy's talk is in the file posted at
http://schd.ws/hosted_files/archives2016/3e/Session501-All_presenters.pptx;
Nancy's starts on page 40.

Christine

Christine Di Bella