Announcement to the ArchivesSpace Community

As part of the strategy to move the ArchivesSpace code development forward more
quickly, LYRASIS, the Organizational Home for ArchivesSpace is pleased to
announce a long-term development partnership agreement has been signed with
Hudson Molonglo (HM). This partnership will run for the duration of the fiscal
year. The primary goal is to allow HM to focus on high-impact code development
while the ArchivesSpace community continues to grow code contributions from
within.

Why is this partnership important? We know that one of your highest priorities
is the improved functionality of the software. As such, HM will begin immediate
work on identified bug fixes and minor improvements to improve efficiency. In
November, work will commence on more intricate stack improvements, new feature
development and the creation of a development road map. Work will follow the
path as outlined in the ArchivesSpace development catalog and/or prioritized by
the ArchivesSpace Prioritization sub team.

In sum, we are delighted to be partnering with HM.  As many of you know, HM
built version 1.0 of ArchivesSpace and has been responsible for significant
code contributions since, including the new container management functionality
and location enhancements present in the 1.5.0 release. HM is also currently
working on the highly anticipated Public User Interface.

This partnership will not slow the ongoing effort to hire the Tech Lead
Position.

We look forward to working together for the benefit of the ArchivesSpace
community!

For more information about ArchivesSpace, Hudson Molonglo or LYRASIS, please
visit:
http://www.archivesspace.org/
http://hudsonmolonglo.com/
http://www.lyrasis.org

Laurie Gemmill Arp
Director, Collections Services & Community Supported Software
laurie....@lyrasis.org<mailto:laurie....@lyrasis.org>
800.999.8558 x 2908
Fax: 404.592.4804
laurie.gemmill1 Skype

[cid:D9C43C04-DF4E-467C-B0BC-358EF417F998]
Check lyrasisnow.org<http://www.lyrasisnow.org/> for up-to-date news and
feature articles.