LCNAFConverter is just overriding and extending MARCXMLConverter.
https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/5e1ca66f1f04f142f2695024efb7200825046325/plugins/lcnaf/backend/model/lcnaf_converter.rb

There is very little MARC mapping in that code module —  it’s mostly in the
base class, so look at:

https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/5e1ca66f1f04f142f2695024efb7200825046325/backend/app/converters/marcxml_converter.rb

https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/5e1ca66f1f04f142f2695024efb7200825046325/backend/app/converters/lib/marcxml_base_map.rb

The bulk of the code in the plugin deal with search and selection of MARC
records to import.
MARC mappings are mostly inherited from above.

<opinion>
I would suggest:
[1] simplify by ripping out the OCLC import and only use
id.loc.gov<http://id.loc.gov>
[2] since there are multiple formats available from
id.loc.gov<http://id.loc.gov> service, and MARC mappings are complex and
difficult to understand, I would consider writing a new importer from scratch
for one of these alternate formats. </opinion>

— Steve Majewski

On Dec 1, 2016, at 1:02 PM, Lapka, Francis