Hi folks,

We're discussing the utility of the "Relator Type" subfield in the "Related
Accessions" field. By default, ASpace requires this subfield, but we are
considering suppressing it because we can't think of a reason why we would want
to use it. The default value, "bound with," suggests two accessions physically
linked (like two accessions in one box), but we manage relationships like these
via container management. To us, noting if a related accession is a sibling or
part of relationship is enough.

If you're a user of this subfield or consciously not one, comments are welcome!

Best,

Jordon

Jordon Steele
Hodson Curator of the University Archives
Special Collections
The Sheridan Libraries
Johns Hopkins University
3400 N Charles St