I’ve noticed some disturbing behavior…  I was using a separate Data Entry
repository for volunteers and less-trained student workers to add data into
ArchivesSpace and then would transfer them into the production server.  It
seems to me that at some point with our upgrades or somehow, these inventories
have been lost(!).  There were some times when I would transfer the collections
between repositories that the system seemed to time out.  I had assumed that
the collection eventually made it from one repository to another, but I
probably should have checked.  Does it seem possible that collections do get
lost like this?
Additionally, we have some wonky scenarios where collections seem to be “mostly
lost”, but then if I can find a random Top Container, I can edit the record
again to have it reindex and show up.  It has happened a couple of times!
During this time, we were on versions 1.5.3 – 2.1.1
Anyone else notice this?  Thanks!
Lydia
--
Dr. Lydia Tang, CA, DMA, MLIS