In 1.5.1 there was a major issue with "losing" connections between
repositories and digital objects when digital objects were transferred
between repositories.

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/projects/AR/issues/AR-1405

But what you describe may be an indexing issue. Brute force approach, but
have you rebuilt the index from scratch?

Jason