Hi Olivia,

I have struggled with “Instance” and have to refer to my cheat note
occasionally: “Manifestation of intellectual content” – meaning it could be
physical or digital, so this is where containers enter (for physical objects)
and also description about format. I’m not handling digital objects at this
point, either.

The conceptual model takes getting used to in the beginning, but as someone
else pointed out, once the concepts are more clear, the terminology should be
less of a “thing.” The other nice thing is that one can mouse over labels in
Aspace and the application often provides helpful additional information about
the term.

Sincerely,

Joan Curbow
Reference Librarian and Archivist