Good morning,

We've just linked our ArchivesSpace instance to our website and are trying to
move our users away from Archon. There's one major hurdle. We migrated from
Archon to ArchivesSpace with the first migration tool, and our only container
instances are nonsensical records created by the import.  In most cases, our
intellectual description matches up with the  physical location, which means if
I can see the series number and folder number I can find the item. I'm hoping
to find out whether we can somehow force the public interface to display the
component unique identifiers which do not appear when I look at finding aids in
the public interface (or in the staff interface without viewing the particular
record).

It's going to be quite some time before I can modify every finding aid and add
containers, so I'm hoping in the meantime there is a temporary fix that doesn't
require me logging into the staff interface (or going back to Archon) every
time a patron requests something. I wonder whether other Archon users are
having this problem, and would welcome any suggestions. Thank you!

Linda

Linda M. Hocking, CA
Curator of Library & Archives
Litchfield Historical Society