Colleagues,

In reviewing a series of bug reports and feature requests related to language
entry in ArchivesSpace, the Development Prioritization Team has developed a
comprehensive specification for potential updates to this functionality within
the application. This document is available at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17arZyO-APS4o5RznSO251Bql4sPDW7Kg_BddkTZDJCs/edit?usp=sharing.
 Open issues addressed in the  specification include:

  *
?ANW-144: MarcXML export is generating duplicate 040 field
(https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-144)
  *
ANW-382: As an archivist, I would like to record finding aid Language of
Description using controlled values
(https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-382)
  *
ANW-697: As an archivist, I would like to record multiple Language entries
using controlled terms (https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-697)

Comments related to the specification can be submitted through the Google Doc,
or using the comment feature in the tickets in JIRA. Interested parties should
also consider becoming a Watcher of the above issues. Questions about the
specification document can also be directed to Cory Nimer
(cory_ni...@byu.edu?<mailto:cory_ni...@byu.edu>).

We would request that comments be submitted by May 31, 2018.

Thank you,

Cory Nimer
University Archivist
Brigham Young University