From: archivesspace_users_group-boun...@lyralists.lyrasis.org
<archivesspace_users_group-boun...@lyralists.lyrasis.org> On Behalf Of Rees,
John (NIH/NLM) [E]
Sent: Tuesday, November 6, 2018 10:59 AM
To: Archivesspace Users Group <archivesspace_users_group@lyralists.lyrasis.org>
Subject: Re: [Archivesspace_Users_Group] Component unique identifiers

Wow, this is super helpful.

We’ve been noodling on a similar use case. All our existing repository projects
leverage our MARC 035 field ids (Voyager ILS-supplied) to mint ids/Fedora PIDs,
but now we’re embarking on ASpace projects that don’t always have a Voyager
record, or have ID minting practices from other external systems that we can’t
replicate in ASpace - or maybe don’t want to.

We’re still struggling with what the ID should actually be – we’re wary of
using internally-generated IDs.

John

John P. Rees
Archivist and Digital Resources Manager