If you look in the actual MySQL tables, what's the counts?

________________________________
From: archivesspace_users_group-boun...@lyralists.lyrasis.org
<archivesspace_users_group-boun...@lyralists.lyrasis.org> on behalf of McPhee,
Laurel <lmcp...@ucsd.edu>
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2019 10:59:11 AM
To: Archivesspace Users Group
Subject: [Archivesspace_Users_Group] # of Collection Mgmt records not matching
# of Accession records

Hi all, and happy Friday.

We’re attempting to troubleshoot a strange problem. I’d appreciate knowing if
anyone else has this issue, or has any suggestions. Our database analyst has
started looking into it, but it’s a puzzler.

We have 2,600 accession records. As far as I know, the Collection Mgmt subtable
has a 1-to-1 relationship with the Accession table. However, if I filter a
search on Collection Mgmt (Browse-->Collection Mgmt) over 3,600 records
display. A careful search through the results shows that often (not always!)
when we update the processing status on an accession, using the little
pull-down menu, a “ghost” collection management record lingers on, and will
appear in search results sets within Collection Management. So one accession
record, although it looks perfectly correct and updated in the accession record
staff view, will have two collection management records, one showing
“processed” and one showing “unprocessed” if you search for that same record in
the Collection Mgmt browse feature.

We thought a purge of our deleted records and a re-index might fix this. But,
the plot thickens: at the end of the day yesterday, when we purged our deleted
records and reindexed in our test instance, the Collection Mgmt table now shows
over 4,000 results! It’s like it made the problem WORSE. Instead of duplicate
ghosts, we now have triplicate ghosts. Does anyone else have this problem with
a numbers mis-match between Coll Mgmt and Accessions?

I can’t replicate it in the Sandbox because the problem doesn’t seem to happen
with “new” accession records. If I make a new test accession record, the
problem won’t occur. But if I change the processing status of an older, legacy
record (one that imported over from AT a few years ago), it sometimes occurs.
We’re running v2.3.2.

Laurel McPhee

Supervisory Archivist, Special Collections & Archives Program

UC San Diego Library | • 858-534-5619 | •
lmcp...@ucsd.edu<mailto:lmcp...@ucsd.edu>