Lydia,

ArchivesSpace has a variety of "uneditable" controlled value lists that not
even administrators can edit in the application (the ability to suppress unused
values from uneditable lists was added after the initial release of
ArchivesSpace, which is a great feature, but that won't help out for this use
case).

I believe that there are 30 enumeration lists in total that fit the bill.
Since I don't know where this documented (aside from the code), here's the full
list:

  *   accession_parts_relator
  *   accession_sibling_relator
  *   agent_relationship_associative_relator
  *   agent_relationship_earlierlater_relator
  *   agent_relationship_parentchild_relator
  *   agent_relationship_subordinatesuperior_relator
  *   archival_record_level
  *   container_location_status
  *   country_iso_3166
  *   date_certainty
  *   date_type
  *   deaccession_scope
  *   extent_portion
  *   file_version_xlink_actuate_attribute
  *   file_version_xlink_show_attribute
  *   job_type
  *   language_iso639_2
  *   linked_agent_role
  *   linked_event_archival_record_roles
  *   name_person_name_order
  *   note_bibliography_type
  *   note_digital_object_type
  *   note_index_type
  *   note_index_item_type
  *   note_multipart_type
  *   note_orderedlist_enumeration
  *   note_singlepart_type
  *   rights_statement_ip_status
  *   rights_statement_rights_type
  *   subject_term_type

Given that ArchivesSpace generally adheres to DACS for the rest of the
"note_multipart_type", "note_singlepart_type", and other "note" lists, I think
that it would make sense to add a feature request for this in JIRA.   Doing
that would have an impact on imports/exports, etc., but I think that
harmonizing with the current version of DACS is good goal.  I have to admit
that I wasn't even aware of the conservation note in DACS, so thanks for
bringing this up.

Mark