From: <archivesspace_users_group-boun...@lyralists.lyrasis.org> on behalf of
"Majewski, Steven Dennis (sdm7g)" <sd...@virginia.edu>
Date: Friday, July 26, 2019 at 5:00 PM
To: Archivesspace Users Group <archivesspace_users_group@lyralists.lyrasis.org>
Subject: [Archivesspace_Users_Group] Mariadb errors from reports: "portion"

Anyone else using MariaDB ?

We’re running mysql on our production servers, but I’m running a current
version of Maria-DB on my development laptop.

While investigating the unescaped ampersand in reports issue, I discovered I’m
getting errors running some reports.
Resource List Report says:

Generating report Java::ComMysqlJdbcExceptionsJdbc4::MySQLSyntaxErrorException:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your
MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'portion, number as
extent_number, extent_type_id as extent_type, contai' at line 2

And by trying that select statement in the command line, it appears that
“portion” must now be a keyword in MariaDB.

This generates an error:
MariaDB [archivesspace]> select portion_id as portion from extent;
ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that
corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near
'portion from extent' at line 1

But this works:
MariaDB [archivesspace]> select portion_id as `portion` from extent;
+---------+
| portion |
+---------+
|     924 |
|     924 |
|     924 |
|     924 |
|     924 |
|     924 |

https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/master/reports/custom/extent_subreport.rb#L17

“Portion” no listed here:
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/reserved-words/

But this list in source code is canonical source:
https://github.com/MariaDB/server/blob/10.5/sql/lex.h#L474