From: archivesspace_users_group-boun...@lyralists.lyrasis.org
<archivesspace_users_group-boun...@lyralists.lyrasis.org> On Behalf Of Gwenlyn
Coddington
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2020 2:00 PM
To: Archivesspace Users Group <archivesspace_users_group@lyralists.lyrasis.org>
Cc: dbren...@mcdaniel.edu
Subject: [Archivesspace_Users_Group] Subject Record Migration from Archon

Hello,

I'm working on reviewing Subject Records from our recent migration from Archon
and have run across a discrepancy regarding how the faceted Subjects in Archon
are displaying in ArchivesSpace. It seems that tiered Subject Records in Archon
are displaying as multiple Subject Records in ArchivesSpace so that a record
like Academic libraries -- United States -- Maryland now has three Subject
Records in ArchivesSpace, Academic libraries, Academic libraries -- United
States, and Academic libraries -- United States -- Maryland.

Where I'm running into trouble is that some of these records say they have
Resource or Accession tags in the Subject Record but are not tagged in the
Subject field for the Resource or Accession. Has anyone experienced this issue
with their migrated data and does deleting or merging the untagged Subject
Record create any issues with other Subject Records or Resource Records?

Thanks for your time,
Gwen Coddington