From: <archivesspace_users_group-boun...@lyralists.lyrasis.org> on behalf of
"Kennedy, Nancy" <kenne...@si.edu>
Date: Friday, March 27, 2020 at 1:41 PM
To: "Archivesspace Users Group
(archivesspace_users_group@lyralists.lyrasis.org)"
<archivesspace_users_group@lyralists.lyrasis.org>
Subject: [Archivesspace_Users_Group] EAD via API - character problem

Hi all –
Today I noticed that if I export an EAD with “Yin-Hsü” directly from the
archivesspace, my EAD results carry through with the correct encoding.

But, when I export locally via the API, I end up with “Yin-Hs端”.   I’m using
python 3.7.4, via local windows machine.  I’ve tried both archivessnake and
just using requests, but I still end up with 端.

Suggestions?  Here’s what I’m doing via asnake:

export_options =
'?include_daos=true&?include_unpublished=false&?numbered_cs=false'
for i in resource_ids:
ead = client.get(repo['uri']
                             +'/resource_descriptions/'+str(i)+'.xml'
                             + export_options).text

Nancy Kennedy
Smithsonian Institution
kenne...@si.edu