From: archivesspace_users_group-boun...@lyralists.lyrasis.org
<archivesspace_users_group-boun...@lyralists.lyrasis.org> On Behalf Of Custer,
Mark
Sent: Monday, April 5, 2021 6:09 PM
To: archivesspace_users_group@lyralists.lyrasis.org
Subject: [EXT] Re: [Archivesspace_Users_Group] AS PUI displaying unpublished
content

Lev,

Accession records can be published or unpublished in the staff interface, and
if the accession records are unpublished, then those records should not show up
in the ArchivesSpace PUI. If I recall correctly, though, there was a bug in the
initial release of the PUI in ASpace 2.1 that showed unpublished Accession
records as linked records when linked to other published records, so perhaps
that was occurring in your version?  Also, it looks like there is still a bug
for how linked records display if linked to a digital object record, as
reported here:
https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-1207<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__archivesspace.atlassian.net_browse_ANW-2D1207&d=DwMF-g&c=kbmfwr1Yojg42sGEpaQh5ofMHBeTl9EI2eaqQZhHbOU&r=YBL0Aobi7bIlyU-KF-fSANJeJfVhrGgHmEhIhlwTg0w&m=bltAdaQLU7OQtofuL0uXHX_SYi80UdMGJ5ye4USrd4s&s=Hlj9PhX-80o4j3ZnuTSx3tkE_YDmuhgMc2jhweSa81A&e=>.

We only have accession records linked to resource (or other accession) records,
and in that case, the unpublished accessions do not show up in the PUI. That
said, I have noticed that if you add a LOT of linked accessions to any one
record, then that can also cause an issue:  we have one miscellany collection
that should have over 2,000 linked accession records, but we dropped that down
considerably in the staff interface so that it wouldn't break the display for
that resource record in the public interface. Ideally, we could link them all,
but it's not a big hindrance since we record the call number for that resource
record in all 2k accession records anyway -- so, the records can still be
grouped that way for reporting.

Last, this page is woefully out of date, but I'll add the link here since it
includes a few helpful pointers, specifically about the importance or reviewing
the use of the Publish? button, default settings, and other workflows that
impact publication statuses if using the PUI:
https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ADC/pages/103526318/PUI+pre-launch+checklist<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__archivesspace.atlassian.net_wiki_spaces_ADC_pages_103526318_PUI-2Bpre-2Dlaunch-2Bchecklist&d=DwMF-g&c=kbmfwr1Yojg42sGEpaQh5ofMHBeTl9EI2eaqQZhHbOU&r=YBL0Aobi7bIlyU-KF-fSANJeJfVhrGgHmEhIhlwTg0w&m=bltAdaQLU7OQtofuL0uXHX_SYi80UdMGJ5ye4USrd4s&s=Yb6MqcQCMS5lmdY5RWYlC-byfWKCzYVzFglEc8dwfPk&e=>

Mark

From:
archivesspace_users_group-boun...@lyralists.lyrasis.org<mailto:archivesspace_users_group-boun...@lyralists.lyrasis.org>

<archivesspace_users_group-boun...@lyralists.lyrasis.org<mailto:archivesspace_users_group-boun...@lyralists.lyrasis.org>>