From: archivesspace_users_group-boun...@lyralists.lyrasis.org
<archivesspace_users_group-boun...@lyralists.lyrasis.org> on behalf of Tom
Hanstra <hans...@nd.edu>
Sent: Monday, May 3, 2021 10:56 AM
To: Archivesspace Users Group <archivesspace_users_group@lyralists.lyrasis.org>
Subject: [Archivesspace_Users_Group] Indexing questions

I'm trying to understand what a "soft reindex" accomplishes and when it would
be best used. Is it just a situation where we should always try that first and,
if it does not fix something, then decide to possibly do a full reindex? Or are
there certain situations where soft reindex is regularly the thing to address
the situation?

Also, does it gain anything to reindex by removing the "state" data and having
ArchivesSpace fully reindex but leave the Solr files in place?  It would allow
searches to take place while indexing is happening. Would reindexing this way
also update/fix Solr at the same time? Or could it leave bad Solr data in place
and thus cause other issues?

Thanks,
Tom

--