From: archivesspace_users_group-boun...@lyralists.lyrasis.org
<archivesspace_users_group-boun...@lyralists.lyrasis.org> On Behalf Of Angela
Kroeger
Sent: Monday, August 1, 2022 10:09 AM
To: ArchivesSpace Users Group <archivesspace_users_group@lyralists.lyrasis.org>
Subject: [Archivesspace_Users_Group] Suppressed ArchivesSpace records in OAI-PMH

I'm not sure if this is an ArchivesSpace issue or an Alma/Primo issue. I'm
starting with ArchivesSpace.

We have a hosted ArchivesSpace instance, with one repository set up to expose
resource records via OAI-PMH. On the other end, we have an Alma discovery
import profile set up to load these records into Primo VE. (The records are
only being loaded and displayed in the Primo VE discovery layer; they are not
being loaded into the Alma catalog.) This has been running smoothly for many
months.

Our new problem (or more likely an old problem that we never had the
opportunity to notice before) is that resource records that have been
unpublished and suppressed in ArchivesSpace are still showing up in Primo VE.

I've looked at both the OAI-PMH settings in ArchivesSpace and the discovery
import profile in Alma/Primo, and I can't see any setting to toggle
inclusion/exclusion of suppressed records.

How can I prevent suppressed ArchivesSpace records from being exposed for
OAI-PMH harvesting?

Or is the problem on the Primo VE side, with it failing to remove suppressed
records?

Thank you!

--Angela

Angela Kroeger
Metadata Coordinator
Archives and Special Collections
UNO Libraries | Criss Library 107
University of Nebraska at Omaha | unomaha.edu

402.554.4159
akroe...@unomaha.edu<mailto:akroe...@unomaha.edu>
They | Them | Their

[cid:image001.png@01D8A590.295D3E80]