Hi Sarah,

The database is the key piece. You should ultimately be able to reconstruct
everything around that. Take a SQL dump of your ArchivesSpace database from the
most recent stable restore point and keep that backed up while you work things
out.

I'm not clear on what your situation is exactly but I can provide some general
guidance:

Ideally you would find your ArchivesSpace config.rb file so your settings are
ready to go. You would find this in the ArchivesSpace "config" directory.
Likewise plugins, in the ArchivesSpace "plugins" directory.

The Solr index can be rebuilt. You don't need to restore. A normal range would
be for this take from 10 minutes to a few hours depending on the size of your
database. It can take longer if you have an especially large database and / or
some non-standard configuration elements (record inheritance, plugins with
search customizations for the indexer).

You don't mention your ArchivesSpace version but if you were running external
Solr on the same host then you'll need to set that up again, or you may prefer
to restore it depending on what options you have internally. However you should
follow up with a full reindex if you do any permutation of restoring or
retaining a pre-existing index just to be sure you're in sync with the restored
database.

The easiest place to start would be to use the same version of ArchivesSpace as
you were running recently. Run the database setup script first (to catch any
potential version drift), then start ArchivesSpace as usual and review things
carefully. Because your config and plugins (if any) are also coming, via the
snapshot, from a potentially older version of ArchivesSpace than you were
running you should review those in case you need to "catch up" on any changes.

Best,
Mark
LYRASIS