I wonder if the identifier needs to match the data in the EAD ID field
within the Finding Aid Data subrecord? I had an issue with that before and
it solved my problem, but I'm not using the Harvard spreadsheet.

Might be worth a try, though?
Lisa

On Wed, Oct 26, 2022 at 8:58 AM Olivia S Solis <livso...@utexas.edu> wrote:

> Our identifier is all in the first box. We have an autoincrement system
> that works just there. Would the dashes cause problems?
>
> On Wed, Oct 26, 2022 at 8:54 AM Leah Tams <leah.t...@duke.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi Olivia,
>>

>> I wonder if the identifier should actually appear with periods, rather
>> than hyphens, between the elements? That is how we input them in our import
>> spreadsheet at Duke. They appear as RL-12345 in ASpace, but in the
>> spreadsheet we have to put RL.12345. I don’t have access to our database,
>> though, so I’m not sure what they look like on that end.
>>

>> Best,
>>
>> Leah
>>

>> *she/her/hers*
>>
>> MSLS in Archives & Records Management
>>
>> Accessions Coordinator
>>
>> Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library
>>
>> Duke University
>>
>> leah.t...@duke.edu | leahtams.org <http://www.leahtams.org/>
>>

>> *From:* archivesspace_users_group-boun...@lyralists.lyrasis.org <
>> archivesspace_users_group-boun...@lyralists.lyrasis.org> *On Behalf Of
>> *Olivia
>> S Solis
>> *Sent:* Wednesday, October 26, 2022 9:43 AM
>> *To:* Archivesspace Users Group <
>> archivesspace_users_group@lyralists.lyrasis.org>
>> *Subject:* [Archivesspace_Users_Group] collection_id/Resource Identifier
>> in import spreadsheet
>>

>> Hello all,
>>

>> We have been using the spreadsheet importer for bulk adding archival
>> objects for years, using the EAD ID column to link to the correct resource.
>> We had a situation pop up where we may not have that number assigned yet,
>> but we want to upload part of the inventory. I tried using column B
>> (collection_id/Resource identifier) to link to the right resource.
>>

>> I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I can't get the AOs to get
>> created with column B. The documentation in the original Harvard
>> spreadsheet (which we still use a version of because of a lot of
>> customization added) defined the field like so: "The Resource "Identifier",
>> aka collection-level unit_id, OR, could be internal resource record number
>> from URL."
>>

>> I keep getting the following error:  Row 6:    ERROR Row 6 will not be
>> processed due to errors: This row is missing BOTH an EAD ID and URI
>>
>> I tried the Identifier field:
>>
>> [image: Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 8.34.36 AM.png]
>>
>> I tried it as it appears in the database: "camh-arc-004438",
>> null,null,null
>>
>> I tried the path given in the URI:
>>
>> [image: Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 8.34.50 AM.png]
>>
>> And I tried just the numeric ID, in the case above 4398.
>>

>> What am I doing wrong here? I can't think of many other identifiers that
>> are unique to the record.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Olivia
>>

>> --
>>
>> Olivia Solis, MSIS (she/her)
>>
>> Metadata Coordinator

> [...]

Pronouns: she/they
Head of Archival Processing
University of Minnesota Libraries
Archives and Special Collections <https://www.lib.umn.edu/special>
Elmer L. Andersen Library

*I acknowledge that the University of Minnesota is located
<https://editions.lib.umn.edu/openrivers/article/where-we-stand/>on the
traditional, ancestral and contemporary lands of Indigenous people
<https://mcae.umn.edu/sites/mcae.dl.umn.edu/files/styles/panopoly_image_original/public/media/dakhota_thomakhoche.jpg?itok=SoL5V45r>
and
was built with money from slaveholders
<https://www.jbhe.com/2019/11/the-university-of-minnesotas-historical-ties-to-slavery/>.