Hi Matt,

I think your approach to updating the plugin is correct. I find it a little
odd that the entire plugin config line is commented out, but that's not a
bad thing if you choose not to run plugins.

As for the plugin readme: I think that's an old comment that never got
updated. (It should probably say "For ArchivesSpace version 3.x ...") But
you would likely want to download the zip file from the 2.0.0 tag here:
https://github.com/archivesspace-plugins/lcnaf/tags
(The main/master branch of the plugin is slightly behind the 2.0.0
tagged release.)

Hope this helps!
Jesse

On Tue, Nov 1, 2022 at 10:38 AM Matthew Lawson <matt.law...@uni.edu> wrote:

> I am trying to make sure admins at my school can use the lcnaf plugin with
> 3.1.1  There are a few things I don't understand yet.
>
> I found an inherited line in the config file (commented out) that calls
> the plugin, along with "local"  There is also a likely ancient lcnaf
> directory in plugins.
>
> So to modernize only the lcnaf plugin I will download
> <https://github.com/archivesspace-plugins/lcnaf> unzip this directory and
> rename it lcnaf, replacing existing, stop the service then uncomment the
> plugin line in the config so that only lcnaf is active and restart the
> service.
>
> Also, what does this mean in the readme?
>
> "For ArchivesSpace version 3.0.0 , use the 2.0.0 tag."
>

> --
> Matt Lawson
> Cloud Systems Application Administrator
> IT :: Network & Infrastructure Services :: Specialized Systems
> 319-273-3931
> ITTC 117
>   /  Cedar Falls, IA 50614
> uni.edu  /  *#1UNI*
> [image: UNI / University of Northern Iowa]

Jesse Martinez
Senior Library Applications Developer
O'Neill Library, Boston College
jesse.marti...@bc.edu