Hello, hello.

I’m seeking advice for how to best handle archival object record restrictions
in ASpace. During a recent consultation of an archive collection, a number of
photographs were identified with being culturally sensitive thus needing to be
not only restricted to public access, but also internal access. In our efforts
to be NAGPRA compliant and to follow the wishes of the Tribe, I need to
determine best method(s) of restricting these records based on the options
available in ASpace. I cannot find any previous conversations around this
topic, and am wondering if others have had to restrict records for similar
reasons before or restrict in general. My institution migrated our archive data
to ASpace from TMS (The Museum System) a little over a year ago, so we’re still
becoming familiar with the ins and outs of ASpace. We have procedures
established for handling NAGPRA/Culturally Sensitive materials in TMS, but not
yet ASpace. I welcome any thoughts and suggestions. Thanks!

Best,
Naomi
Cataloguing Manager and Associate DBA
Gilcrease Museum