Hello!
Forgive me if this is a silly question -- we're new to using ArchivesSpace!
I'm confused as to how the dates work when entered in the search function
("From year" and "To year" boxes). Does narrowing your search by date range
only pull records marked with dates that fall within? I've tried doing this
in our Aspace instance, as well as in a few others, and results show up
that are not within the dates. For example, with a parameter of 1900 to
2000, results with dates from the 1800s were included. I think I'm not
understanding how this actually works and before we go live for our users
to access our finding aids, I want to make sure we know what we're talking
about!

Thanks!

--
*Tessa Wakefield (she/her <https://www.mypronouns.org/>)*

Archival Processor & Reference Associate
Rod Library

319-273-2132

LIB 342  /  Cedar Falls, IA 50614
uni.edu  /  #1UNI
*To schedule an appointment, please visit **LibCal
<https://uni.libcal.com/appointments/scua>.*
[image: UNI / University of Northern Iowa]