From: arie-l-boun...@mailman2.u.washington.edu
[mailto:arie-l-boun...@mailman2.u.washington.edu] On Behalf Of Scholl, Jodi A
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 3:44 PM
To: 'Discussion of the Ariel Document Transmission System'
Subject: [ARIE-L] Bookeye 4 scanner w/BSCAN software

All,

Is anyone out there using the Bookeye4 scanner with the BSCAN software?
University of Iowa just purchased one for the ILL office and we are having a
very difficult time using it in production. Windows 7, Illiad 8.1, Ariel 4.1
environment. We've been on the phone with the vendor 6+ times in the month
since we set it up, and every time they web-ex in and check the functionality
using the diagnostic tools online, it works fine. We hang up the phone and
disconnect the web-ex session and begin to scan and it doesn't work again. We
don't have enough experience with the product to know how it should work, since
we haven't been able to use it for Ariel or Illiad processing since we
purchased it in mid-May.

Has anyone else had trouble with the Bookeye4 hardware with the BSCAN software
running Illiad, Odyssey and/or Ariel?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Jodi