As a part of the Number Resource Organization (NRO), ARIN is seeking
community input on the NRO community consultation on the ASO review.
"The most recent ASO Review concluded with 18 recommendations, which the
NRO has resolved to accept. The first 17 recommendations are well
defined and practical, and can be implemented by actions of the NRO
Secretariat, or of the ASO Address Council, with respect to
administrative procedures, documentation, or in some cases adjustments
to agreements which are expected to be non-controversial.
The 18th recommendation of the Report is that "The NRO should initiate a
public consultation, involving the five RIR communities, to determine
the future structure of the ASO". The NRO EC has concluded to accept
that recommendation and is hereby launching a consultation on the issues
identified in the ASO Review Report."
The full Consultation is available for review at:
Issues to Address:
The scope of this consultation includes the structural implications of
issues identified by the ASO Review, including but not limited to:
* Any updates and adjustments identified as required for
* Any procedural clarifications and adjustments identified
* Reported confusion of roles between ASO and NRO, and their
* Perceived complexity of relationships among NRO, ASO and ICANN
* Relevance and cost to the RIRs of various ICANN engagement
Out of the Scope of this consultation are the following aspects:
* Global Policy Development Process (GPDP)
* ASO AC role with GPDP
The NRO EC is looking to specific answer to the following questions:
* What adjustments, if any, should be made in order to address the
issues described above?
* Should adjustments be limited to NRO MoU, ASO MoU, and/or ICANN
* Over what timeframes should these adjustments be developed and
* What strategic aspects should we pay attention to when
considering these adjustments?
Please provide comments to arin-cons...@arin.net. All ARIN community
feedback will be forwarded on to the NRO. You can subscribe to this
mailing list at: http://lists.arin.net/mailman/listinfo/arin-consult.
This consultation will remain open through 5:00 PM EST on Wednesday, 28
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
You are receiving this message because you are subscribed to
the ARIN Announce Mailing List (ARINfirstname.lastname@example.org).
Unsubscribe or manage your mailing list subscription at:
Please contact i...@arin.net if you experience any issues.