Hello,

I'm building a small, IPv6-first hosting network with plans for globally 
distributed PoPs, and wanted to share a concern regarding ARIN-2025-8.

Reserving 4.10 resources for IPv6 deployment is great, however, I’m concerned 
about restricting their use to the ARIN service region. Allowing for global 
Anycast could allow a single IPv4 /24 to support dual-stack authoritative DNS, 
or IPv4 reverse proxies that sit in front of a IPv6-first network, across 
multiple regions. Limiting 4.10 resources to the ARIN region would only 
increase latency for my users.

It looks like ARIN-2025-5 previously included language permitting global 
Anycast when consistent with an ARIN region justification. However it looks 
like that proposal was abandoned. I’m curious if this particular use case has 
been considered separately under ARIN-2025-8.

Would it make sense to preserve global Anycast under 4.10, provided the 
resources are legitimately supporting IPv6 deployment within the ARIN region as 
well?

I'd appreciate hearing everyone’s thoughts.

Thanks,

Charlie Fish
rrainn LLC
_______________________________________________
ARIN-PPML
You are receiving this message because you are subscribed to
the ARIN Public Policy Mailing List ([email protected]).
Unsubscribe or manage your mailing list subscription at:
https://lists.arin.net/mailman/listinfo/arin-ppml
Please contact [email protected] if you experience any issues.

Reply via email to