On Sun, Feb 04, 2018 at 08:28:19PM -0500, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 03, 2018 at 05:10:06PM +0100, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) wrote:
> >
> > I believe websites should use either default colors or custom colored
> > dark on light text like most websites.  Those who don’t like it can
> > override the stylesheet colors like they have to do for most websites,
> > i.e.
>
> Not as easy to do as it should be.  I once changed the default browser
> settings to be white foreground and black background.  I came to hate
> the websites that override the default foreground without overriding the
> default background or vice versa.  I end up with dark on black or light
> on white.
>
> -- hendrik

Did you use !important for overriding?  I did not try it for long, but
I believe this CSS should override *all* sites:

* {
    color : white !important;
    background-color : black !important;
}

a {
    color : cyan !important;
}

(See https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/Cascade though I
would hope there are addons out there for light-on-dark text that do
not require CSS knowledge.)