On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 02:54:29PM -0600, Richard Wilbur wrote:
[...]
> So, sorry for being a bit thick headed, it just dawned on me what our
> priorities have to be and why:
>
> 1.  Hack together some tests under 3.4.104 that we can run on the extant
> drivers.
> 2.  Work on getting extant A20 drivers mainlined in the linux kernel.

In case you haven't seen it (although you probably have), Paul
Kocialkowski is working on a mainline driver for the video encode/decode
unit in allwinner SoCs:

https://bootlin.com/blog/allwinner-vpu-support-in-mainline-linux-status-update-week-15/

> 3.  Create devicetree for DS113 v2.7.4 and v2.7.5, … (all extant versions
> of DS113 and microdesktop case).
> 4.  Work on getting devicetree with add/remove overlay support mainlined in
> the linux kernel (and u-boot?).

BTW, the GPIO nexus patch by Stephen Boyd was merged for 4.17:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=bd6f2fd5a1d52198468c5cdc3c2472362dff5aaa

As far as I understand it, this new syntax will be useful for specifying
devicetree overlays that work with multiple different SoCs.

Jonathan Neuschäfer