> Hi Jon,
>
> On Wed, May 04 2011, Jon Masters wrote:
>> I'd like to kick off a discussion about flags for ARMv7. My proposal
>> here is that we treat v7hl as an entirely different architecture, and
>> don't try any multi-arch kind of hacks (there isn't the established user
>> base for Fedora ARM to justify doing any of those things at the moment).
>>
>> Things I think we should consider as a minimum:
>>
>> *). Little endian (obviously, but worth stating) (l)
>> *). Cortex-A8 or higher fully compliant core(s)
>> *). ARM VFP3 hardware floating point (h)
>> *). ARM NEON Architecture
>> *). Thumb2 interworking
>> *). Your suggestion here?
>>
>> I think we should build for ARM (as opposed to Thumb2) but we should
>> support interworking with Thumb2 code through the toolchain options. We
>> should then later consider implementing some Thumb2 optimization. It's
>> more armv7thl, but the (t) is implied since it's ARMv7 anyway.
>>
>> Several folks have begun looking at toolchain bringup based on the F-15
>> toolchain applied to an F-13 userspace initially. But I'd like us to
>> discuss options/requirements for toolchains before we go too far.
>>
>> Once I get some feedback, I'll be updating the wiki, along with some
>> more F-15 goals and (hopefully) generally useful stuff.
>
> Just for the record, this sounds great from OLPC's perspective; +1.
> (I expect we'd rather build for Thumb2, even if only for the size
> benefit.)

ive started building some f15 rpms with hardfp

i set in redhat-rpm-config
-march=armv7-a -mfpu=vfpv3-d16  -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb

im using meego as a base to bootstrap, we will need to build a couple of
times to get everything bootstrapped right with the full set of flags.
meego dropped some things like selinux. im slowly making some progress. i
want to get to having a fedora minimal buildroot by the end the week.
though that might be a bit hard since gcc will take some time to compile.

Dennis