On 02/08/2013 10:19 AM, Alex Villací­s Lasso wrote:
A few days ago, I updated my qemu virtual machine, which runs F17 with
-M vexpress-a9. The yum update installed
kernel-3.7.3-101.fc17.armv7l.rpm . Today I got around to rebooting the
machine with the provided vmlinuz and initramfs. However, the boot
process stalls with no messages. Not even "Uncompressing Linux...". I
reverted to the previous kernel, kernel-3.5.6-1.fc17.armv5tel . What am
I doing wrong? Should I use a different qemu emulation? The strange
thing is that the vexpress-a9 emulation reports armv7l, so the
instruction set is supposed to be OK.

You need to use a device tree blob with the 3.7 kernels on versatile express. The latest f18 3.7 kernel includes the device tree you need under /boot. Not sure about f17. Don't worry about the armv7l bit, that's the right arch for armv5tel on versatile express.

--
Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / b...@redhat.com