On 03/26/2013 05:04 PM, Graeme Russ wrote:
Hi Brendan,

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 10:54 AM, Brendan Conoboy <b...@redhat.com> wrote:
On 03/26/2013 04:49 PM, Graeme Russ wrote:

4. Relocatable kernel (like x86)

If I understand correctly it already is relocatable.  This is simply the
address that uboot is instructed to load the kernel into memory at.

So why worry? Just have the load address in the U-Boot environment.

Because uboot's bootm does not handling the relocation?

Not 100% sure the mechanics of U-Boot loading an ARM kernel but I
think it just loads it blindly where it is told to (i.e. does not
analyse the header)

That would make more sense (This was my understanding as well, actually), but we're still having an issue: The uImage header, stored in RAM, has a load address that is wrong for some platforms. Unless we're going to change that with an in-uboot memory editor, bootm will honor the address in that header and the boot will fail.

--
Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / b...@redhat.com