On 05/04/2013 12:19 PM, Hans de Goede wrote:
Hmm, I can clearly remember rpmbuild doing the same thing in the
past (way back in the past I must admit). But given that this is clearly
a way better fix then modifying a gazillion packages, I'm glad we've it
back!

Yes, evidently this feature was around a long time ago but was turned off for some number of years.

That does mean I've likely done the work on the 22 packages where I've
already added autoreconf calls for nothing, ah well. I guess it is best
to probably revert the changes there ?

Not exactly- it would be preferable if all packagers ran autoreconf as a matter of course. This will ensure future changes to autoconf are picked up, even when building without redhat-rpm-config installed.

Are there any cases where this is expected to not be fixed by the
new redhat-rpm-config ?

Anywhere that %configure isn't used will still need to be updated. It's a much smaller list!

--
Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / b...@redhat.com