On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Brendan Conoboy <b...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> In today's ARM meeting in #fedora-meeting-1 we started the discussion on the
> procedure for supporting new ARM devices in Fedora 20.  Previously this was
> done in an ad-hoc manner by the ARM team.  While we will continue to enable
> as diverse a set of devices as possible, this is specifically about what
> devices are considered supported in a GA release.  As an example, in Fedora
> 19 we supported the Trimslice, but not the AC100, even though they are both
> Tegra 2 devices and in theory may both work.  Many unsupported devices may
> work, but only a select few can be release blockers.
>
> Starting in Fedora 20 / kernel 3.11, we think the following devices may be
> newly supportable:

I know you guys do not like out of tree patches, so here's the status
with a pure mainline.

> Calxeda Midway with LPAE
>
> Wandboard (i.MX6)

The dual; should work, mmc/ethernet with v3.11.  With what is
currently staged for v3.12-rc0, dual: mmc/usb/ethernet/wifi, quad:
mmc/usb/ethernet/sata/wifi (wifi: soft reset doesn't work at the
moment...)

> Utilite (i.MX6)
>
> AC100 (Tegra 2)
>
> BeagleBone Black & White

v3.11: just ethernet... (mmc/edma is broken, you'll need v3.12-rc0...
usb maybe? v3.12-rc0 by the looks of the 'phy' patchset..)

> More than anything, this is about minimum requirements for QE.  Support
> implies testing, release blocking, etc, so growing the matrix needs to
> approached cautiously.  There is also a question of timing- what is the
> cutoff for adding a new release blocking device? Alpha? Beta?  Is it a
> feature request?  Feedback appreciated.

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson