----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Whalen <pwha...@redhat.com>
To: Sean Omalley <omalle...@rocketmail.com>
Cc: arm@lists.fedoraproject.org
Sent: Wednesday, February 8, 2017 10:48 AM
Subject: Re: [fedora-arm] Qemu aarch64 install

----- Original Message -----
> I tried to set up an aarch64 vm, and not really wanting to set up boot server
> and such. I just ran.
>

> virt-install    \
> --name Fedora_25_AArch64 --ram 2048 --arch aarch64 \
> --disk size=8 --os-variant fedora25   \
> --location
> https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora-secondary/releases/25/Everything/aarch64/os/
> --extra-args
> "inst.ks=https://pwhalen.fedorapeople.org/kickstarts/Fedora-Minimal-AArch64.ks";
>
> It almost worked. I already had qemu-kvm set up for a windows partition for
> my vehicle obdII software probably with group install virtualization, then I
> installed qemu-system-arm and qemu-system-aarch64 along with edk2-aarch64
> libguestfs-tools-c
>
> It bombed out at (I have the full install log including the backtrace but I
> didn't want to spam the list with it.) It appeared to be going okay for a
> while. It is using the 4.8.6-300 kernel, is there an SMP bug in it? Or any
> suggestions?

Unfortunately you need allocate more ram, I generally use 4096, but you might
be able to get by with a little less. Using 2048 I can reproduce the same
result.

The wiki does use 4096 in the example, but I'll make a note of the crash as
well.

---
Thanks! I will try that!

It stopped exactly in the same place the second time I tried. I added --vcpus 1.

When I tried through the Virt-manager gui and tried an http install it got
quite a bit further. It installed 312/485, then a similar error, then continued
and finally died at 408/485 with a server install, I wasn't sure how to add the
anaconda file so it was more packages.

I figured it created a swapfile if it needed more ram. It was the same settings
I gave win10 and what I typically give to linux x86 guests.

Sean