Interesting ... I'd like to check that patch out.

I believe the HC2 is really just a XU4 thats been turned into a NAS correct?
If so the XU4 is a 32 bit 8 core SOC device (4-2GHz cores and 4-1.2GHz cores)
where the C2 is a 64 bit 4 core (1.5ghz) device.  I think Samsung put these 8
core devices in the galaxy s6 phones.

I have both devices actually.  But my focus has been on the 64 bit devices
because I found the fan on the XU4 undesirable and believe the 64 bit arm
devices will take over the 32 bit ones eventually.  Been the XU4 board is quiet
awesome as well.

As for performance, the benchmarks that hardkernel has shown the XU4 out
performs the the C2.   The specs say that as well.  Faster processors, more
cores, faster vpu, usb 3.0 vs 2.0.

I plan on getting all devices working although I had wanted to start on these
devices first.

Which thread talks about that patch?

Regards,

Mark