> > Hi,
> >
> > > I have a pinebook (running anarsoul's arch mainline[1]) and I was
> > > wondering if someone has tried Fedora 29 on the pinebook, or if it is
> > > even supported.
> >

> Hi,
>
> I was curious which version did you get? I got mine a couple of weeks
> ago, which is a 11' one with 1080p display. According to some
> discussion with Icenowy (one of the linux-sunxi community contributor)
> the dtb of 1080 display version seems not fully upstream (at least at
> that time).
>
> > I don't know what you mean by "anarsoul's arch mainline" as there's
> > there appears to be bits there that aren't upstream in "mainline".
> >
> > On Fedora 29 the pinebook will boot and run but you need to be using
> > the serial console which is accessible via the headphone jack, it
> > doens't make it overly usable as a laptop though.
> >
> > This is improved with the current rawhide (which will become Fedora
> > 30) in that the ATF/U-Boot firmware there will properly light up the
> > display so you can get text based console output.
> >
> > > I've seen pine64-lts is[2], and I've been trying to create a build[3]
> > > based on some scripts on the pine64 discord channel but so far I have no
> > > idea on what I'm doing :)
> >
> > So if you used the 2019.01 U-Boot build and updated the F-29 image to
> > at least the 4.20.x kernel you should have the basics of a working
> > device. If you're not sure what your doing I would actually use a
> > Fedora-30/Rawhide image.
> >
> > The 4.20 kernel with the above U-Boot should light up the display
> > properly, it won't be accelerated though. The WiFi should work with
> > the next F-29 kernel update, but the 5.0 kernel will bring a number of
> > other improvements such as battery/charging support/monitoring and
> > sound as well as better backlight control and a number of other
> > features.
> >
> > While Fedora 30 won't be perfect it should ultimately be relatively
> > usable with a desktop such as XFCE or Mate
> >

> Hi Peter,
>
> Thanks for the information. I do confirm the U-Boot of 2019.01 boots on mine.
> And just a note, the arm-image-installer do not have pinebook(yet)
> listed in the supported boards, so I need to write the U-Boot
> manually.

We don't tend to update these until the U-Boot with the support lands
in a stable release, or at least Beta, you can basically just create a
sym link to make it work:
ln -s /usr/share/arm-image-installer/socs.d/AllWinner-A64
/usr/share/arm-image-installer/boards.d/pinebook

> I don't have luck with my serial connection before. But I will try
> again this week with the newest Rawhide and see.

I'm aware of people using the serial cable with them for a couple of
Fedora releases.