Thanks for the reply Paul.  So, does this mean the Mate spin is still being supported and will hopefully be included in future releases?

Also, do you know if there is a URL similar to the one you provided below that would allow me to get the Mate-Compiz (or other fedora spins) using "wget" or "curl" in a batch mode?

Stewart