Hi,

So my rock64 is running Arch on a 64G eMMC ( Self built uboot / dtc's
) since there was no guide / install path back then )),  most likely
you have to dd uboot/boot loader manually  try the arch install guide
steps to do that.

I would imagine Fedora would be good for SBC;s as they very much keep
up with current kernels which is always a pet peeve with .deb based
distro's.  Anyway here is some info from my unit,

Linux archrock 5.3.8-2-ARCH #1 SMP Sun Nov 3 14:59:20 UTC 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Module                  Size  Used by
xt_CT                  16384  1
xt_helper              16384  1
nf_conntrack_ftp       28672  1
nf_log_ipv4            16384  46
nf_log_common          16384  1 nf_log_ipv4
ip6table_raw           16384  0
ip6table_mangle        16384  0
ip6table_nat           16384  0
iptable_nat            16384  1
nf_nat                 53248  2 ip6table_nat,iptable_nat
xt_TCPMSS              16384  2
xt_LOG                 20480  46
ipt_REJECT             16384  0
iptable_raw            16384  1
iptable_mangle         16384  0
xt_multiport           20480  0
xt_state               16384  0
xt_limit               16384  47
xt_conntrack           16384  10
nf_conntrack          176128  6
xt_conntrack,nf_nat,xt_state,xt_helper,nf_conntrack_ftp,xt_CT
nf_defrag_ipv6         24576  1 nf_conntrack
nf_defrag_ipv4         16384  1 nf_conntrack
ip6table_filter        16384  1
ip6_tables             28672  4
ip6table_filter,ip6table_raw,ip6table_nat,ip6table_mangle
iptable_filter         16384  1
bpfilter               24576  0
snd_soc_hdmi_codec     20480  0
rc_cec                 16384  0
dw_hdmi_i2s_audio      16384  0
dw_hdmi_cec            16384  0
realtek                20480  1
snd_soc_audio_graph_card    24576  0
snd_soc_simple_card_utils    28672  1 snd_soc_audio_graph_card
gpio_ir_recv           16384  0
dwmac_rk               28672  0
stmmac_platform        24576  1 dwmac_rk
stmmac                192512  2 stmmac_platform,dwmac_rk
rockchipdrm           143360  0
phylink                36864  1 stmmac
analogix_dp            49152  1 rockchipdrm
dw_mipi_dsi            20480  1 rockchipdrm
dw_hdmi                45056  2 dw_hdmi_i2s_audio,rockchipdrm
cec                    65536  2 dw_hdmi_cec,dw_hdmi
snd_soc_rk3328         16384  0
rc_core                57344  5 rc_cec,gpio_ir_recv,cec
drm_kms_helper        208896  4 dw_mipi_dsi,rockchipdrm,dw_hdmi,analogix_dp
rtc_rk808              20480  1
lima                   49152  0
gpu_sched              36864  1 lima
drm                   561152  8
gpu_sched,drm_kms_helper,dw_mipi_dsi,lima,rockchipdrm,dw_hdmi,analogix_dp
dw_wdt                 16384  0
rockchip_thermal       28672  0
drm_panel_orientation_quirks    20480  1 drm
syscopyarea            16384  1 drm_kms_helper
sysfillrect            16384  1 drm_kms_helper
sysimgblt              16384  1 drm_kms_helper
fb_sys_fops            16384  1 drm_kms_helper
snd_soc_rockchip_i2s    16384  0
snd_soc_rockchip_pcm    16384  1 snd_soc_rockchip_i2s
snd_soc_rockchip_spdif    16384  0

By all accounts things should just work these days,  hope this helps

Nige

On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 4:10 AM Benson Muite <benson_mu...@emailplus.org> wrote:

> On 11/9/19 10:44 AM, agharta agharta wrote:
>
> Hi Benson,
> Yes, i've successfully installed CentOs 7, take a look at this link
> https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/ROCK64_Software_Release#CentOS-7_Community_Build_Image_.5BmicroSD_Boot.5D
>
> But CentOs 7 does not support PHP 7x for aarch64: i need to install
> nextcloud.... and PHP 7+ is required.
>
> So, i've tried CentOs 8 stream too...but no luck....
>
> Fedora 31 does support Rock64, as release notes says....so the question is
> simple: how to install Fedora 31 on rock64?
>
> Should be simple, in theory.....
>
> Many thanks.
> Cheers,
> Agharta
>
> Hi Agharta,
>
> a) If using a Fedora laptop/desktop, have you tried the ARM image installer:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/Installation
>
> A number of Pine64 boards are supported, but you might use as a bass to get
> something for rock64
>
> b) The CentOS7 version you are using seems to use a kernel from Armbian.
> Maybe something similar (ARMRHEL) is needed for RHEL based distributions? At
> the moment the contributions seem to be haphazard, and driven by immediate
> needs rather than a long term vision. Perhaps an ARM roadmap for RHEL would
> be helpful in organizing development?
>
> c) I have complied PHP 7 from source using GNU compilers. This was straight
> forward, so might be the way to go if you only need Nextcloud and do not need
> to many PHP extensions. When you need to update, just copy over the data
> directory in your Nextcloud installation.
>
> Benson

>> > Any news?
>> > Thanks
>>
>> Hi Agharta,
>>
>> Have you tried any other linux distributions (ideally rpm based)?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Benson

“Science is a differential equation. Religion is a boundary condition.”

                           Alan Turing