On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 21:51:43 +0200
Hannu Vuolasaho <vuokkose...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have OpenBSD running on the RPi 3. Unfortunately SD card isn't supported
> so I run from USB stick like everybody else. My blazing fast USB stick is
> really slow on RPi :( So I have some motivation to scratch my itch.

btw, done some speed comparison on rpi3 b, using "time (tar -xf sys.tar.gz;
sync)" on Linux (to have some ref. numbers) to see the speed different between
uSD and USB (using kingston uSD adapter and using the same uSD card) and the
speed difference was not that big, let's say uSD was ~50% faster than USB.

> I have some really early porting success with NetBSD SD card driver (my
> first in OpenBSD) from:

Do you have your code somewhere? Although speed difference is not that big it
still may be more convenient to run with just single uSD instead of the pair of
two uSDs so I'd like to give it a try too...

Thanks,
Karel