At the risk of belaboring the obvious, the article describes the efforts of a critic of hate-crimes laws.  He objects to laws that hand out extra punishment if the motive was hatred of the victim's ethnicity or religion, so to lampoon those laws he is introducing one that punishes hatred of capitalism.