Subject: Re: Excessive drinking

>     When a good is made illegal consumers react by squeezing more
consumption into a shorter period of time in order to minimize the chances
of getting caught per unit of pleasure.  Thus, it is a common observation
that adults drink more often than teenagers but
> in less quantity (Thus, I have a glass of wine two to three times a week.
Even binge teenager drinkers probably binge only once a week.)  This idea is
the consumer side equivalent to the observation that prohibition increases
the incentives of seller's to push
> harder drugs (more dollar per oz thus reducing the chances of being
caught).

> Alex
 This general principle is correct, but with respect to teenage drinking  I
suspect it is misapplied.
The probability of legal action against teenage drinking is so small, I
can't imagine any teenager even thinking drinking is illegal.